With excellently chosen quotes and references the authors show the interlinkages between the workings of the economy and the natural world, and the need to rethink employment, both in relation to the meaning of work for the workers, and the possibility of replacing dirty industries and deadening, inequality-increasing hierarchies with cooperative, profit-sharing, green forms of production. If they are correct-and I believe they are - that" building a truly sustainable future will necessarily involve new theories, new paradigms, and new policies" - this book provides a firm foundation for doing so.
This new book by Ashford and Hall provides a deep analysis of the root causes; which is necessary to develop speedy but effective solutions. In addition to innovative technologies and effective governance the focus in this book has shifted towards fulfilling basic needs, wellbeing, developing sustainable livelihoods, and the necessary transitions of the economic and governance systems. A must-read for policy makers and all concerned citizens. A thoughtful, balanced antidote in a destabilized world.
Makes a strong case for a clear agenda of transformative socio-technological development for improved sustainability, heightened social justice, and enhanced human happiness. Even better in this newly refined and updated edition.
- The Very Big Orange Cat!
- Then Everything Changed: Stunning Alternate Histories of American Politics: JFK, RFK, Carter, Ford, Reaga n.
- Technology, Globalization, and Sustainable Development: Transforming the Industrial State!
- How To Save A Wet Cell Phone: Preventing Water Damage.
- The Mirrored Door;
- Exchange Discount Summary!
- THE (IN)FIDELITY FACTOR: Points to Ponder Before You Cheat.
Sonnenfeld, contributing editor, Routledge International Handbook of Social and Environmental Change "Where in the world can you find, in one book, competent professional state-of-the-art reference works on topics as diverse, yet vital, as the sources of income inequality, fundamental critiques of neo-classical economics, free trade vs.
Nicholas A. Ralph P.
Technology Globalization And Sustainable Development Transforming The Industrial State
His research and teaching focus on sustainable development, sustainable transportation, and water supply and sanitation in developing countries. Concern for a Global Future 2.
The Importance of Technological Innovation 7. Trade Regimes and Sustainability Du kanske gillar. For the Record David Cameron Inbunden. Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Technology, Globalization, and Sustainable Development: Transforming the Industrial State
Upcoming SlideShare. Like this presentation? Why not share! Introduction to International Bu Embed Size px.
Technology, Globalization, and Sustainable Development; ISBN:
Start on. Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode. Published in: Education. Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No.
- The Employee Benefits Answer Book: An Indispensable Guide for Managers and Business Owners;
- Technology, Globalization and Sustainable Development: Transforming the Industrial State - GPSEN.
- Charitable Discourse: Talking About the Things That Divide Us.
- The Treasures of Wisdom and Knowledge - Biblical Commentary on the Book of Colossians (New Testament Commentaries 15);
- Papers Related to the Book.
- Ancient Secrets of Success Revealed;
Browse by Genre Available eBooks No Downloads.